Hostgator is a great web hosting provider. I’ve been using them for almost two years now, and I absolutely love them. If I ever have a problem with one of my websites, they get me back in business fast. I used to use Godaddy who was terrible for hosting a website. My site was slow to respond, tech support was untrained and I would often wait on hold for way too long. Don’t get me wrong, I love Godaddy as a domain registrar. They are great, but for web hosting, Hostgator is where I run my business and they have taken good care of me.
Hostgator has great technical support too, super fast response, and plenty of bandwidth to run any website you can throw at them.
Hostgator, like many other web hosting providers, uses cPanel as a way for their customers to self maintain their web sites. cPanel is a software application that is designed to make maintaining a running a website very easy. It is very powerful and lets you do a lot with your web site.
How to Create an Addon Website Using Hostgator cPanel
The main thing most people use cPanel for is to install new websites and setup wordpress. Adding a new website with cPanel is called an Addon domain. To add a new addon website using cpanel following these steps:
1. Login to your Hostgator cPanel – this is usually going to be http://yourdomain.com/cpanel
2. Scroll down until you see the Domains Section and the Addon Domain icon.
3. Click the Addon Domain icon
4. Enter your new domain name in the text for new domain.
5. When you tab to the next field cPanel will automatically add the Subdomain/FTP user and Document root fields for you.
6. Next enter your password and then retype your password again.
7. Then click add domain.
8. Kick back and enjoy your day – you are the master of your web empire!
It that easy!
Installing addon websites using Hostgator cpanel is very quick and easy.
Are you thinking about using Hostgator for your website hosting?
Are you having trouble with setting a website or installing WordPress on Hostgator?
Sign up for Hostgator using my affiliate link and I’ll setup your Website and install WordPress for you absolutely free!!
Right now get your first month’s of web hosting for only a PENNY!! Thats right just one red cent. Click HERE and enter the Hostgator discount code “wordpress”